What is the treatment about?
The Pico laser is a device used for quick tattoo removal, wrinkle-smoothing, stretch marks, acne scars, pigmentation removal for Melasma, Freckles, Birthmarks and more. This laser can be applied to almost any part of the body such as the face, chest, arms, and legs.
The Pico laser is relatively new on the market and it can effectively remove different tattoo colors thanks to the two wavelengths and powerful Pico pulse. It works in one trillionth of a second. The laser interacts with the skin trough a photoacoustic effect. This produces a transitory skin whitening effect called “frosting,” which disappears after a few minutes. The photoacoustic effect is also safe and effective for the treatment of benign pigmented lesions and small particles such as skin melanosomes.
Why should one do this treatment?
Picosecond lasers have been around for some time. It is an ideal treatment for stubborn pigmentation like age spots, sun spots, seborrheic keratosis, acne scars and melasma.
What are the benefits of this treatment?
- Pico lasers offer a safe treatment and it can be used for darker skin types too. It is because when the energy is delivered into the skin it shatters the pigment which is called the chromophore and there is no dissipation of heat.
- It has the Pico focus array – there is a collagen-stimulating anti-aging handpiece that you could put on this laser platform. It is a great preventative approach to stimulating collagen producing and really great anti-aging properties.
- The laser is exquisitely great at treating brown spots – whether you have brown spots on the back of your hand or on your face, the laser will help reduce the incidence of brown.
- Pico laser may also reduce the appearance of wrinkles, sunspots, freckles, other scars.
- The procedure is really quick. One session only lasts about ten minutes. If you have a large tattoo, deep scar, or other major imperfection, you may need multiple sessions.
- The laser is designed to maximize results while minimizing discomfort and eliminating long-term skin damage.
- The effect of Pico laser procedure comes after the first session. You will see the tattoo is getting faded.
What all is included in this treatment?
The Pico laser uses ultra-short pulses that diffuse ink particles with high pressure. As a result, the ink breaks into small dust particles. After they are broken down, these particles are easily absorbed and eliminated by the body. The results are better removal of the tattoo and fewer procedures to completely remove it. According to the specialists at Dr. Orawan Laser Skin Center, the Pico laser is the most preferred method of removing pigment & tattoos nowadays. It can be effective for all types of skin. The procedure takes about 10-15 minutes per session, depending on the size of the processed area. Each intervention is associated with slight discomfort, no greater than the pain of getting the tattoo in the first place. The recommended period between the different procedures is 2 to 8 weeks, but this depends on the person.
Laser treatment works differently for each patient, depending on the type of pigment & tattoo. The greater the colour contrast between the pigment or ink and skin is, the easier the removal will be. Pigmented lesions & tattoos are easier to remove nowadays because of the pico-second technology.
Frequently asked questions about Pico Laser
Q. How does it work?
With the help of laser energy, gentle pressure waves are formed. This leads to the development of new collagen. It weakens the trouble spot and gives you a youthful appearance.
Q. How much does the treatment cost?
This depends upon which area you are getting treated and how many sessions it will take.
Q. Will it cause too much pain?
It depends upon the pain tolerance level of an individual. To make the process less painful, a topic numbing solution is applied. It can give a soothing effect to the treatment area. Many people have just felt tiny prickles or a little bit of warmth during the procedure.
Q. How can one prepare for the treatment?
You should prevent the area from sun exposure, before and after the treatment. Also, before the treatment, you should not take any medications like Vitamin E or aspirin. This can affect healing. Also, you should not take glycolic acid 2-4 weeks before the treatment. Use medications in case you are prone to get cold scores.
Q. How many treatments are required?
It can vary depending upon your scars or spots. Other factors that can help in deciding the number of sessions are your skin type, sun exposure, hormones, and skincare. On average, you can see results in 4 to 5 sessions.
Q. Is there any discomfort while undergoing the treatment?
You will feel a minimal amount of discomfort. For a soothing effect, a numbing cream is applied.
Q. What should a patient expect to post the laser treatment?
You may have mild redness which can stay for a few hours. There is no downtime after treatment. You can continue your normal activities once the treatment is done.
Please feel free to consult our dermatologist @ www.drorawan.com