Dermal fillers are a type of cosmetic injectable treatments. They can correct skin wrinkles and fine lines such as smile lines and marionette lines, add volume to thin lips and cheeks, treat depressed scars, enhance shallow areas of the skin, and define facial contours like the cheekbones and the jaw.
Filler injection is an office procedure with little to no downtime. Results can be visible immediately and typically last for several months to two years.
In the hands of a well trained dermatologist, filler injections are safe. Common side effects are typically mild and require no treatment. These include:
- Discomfort that can be reduced with a topical or injected anesthetic such as lidocaine
- Redness, swelling, or bruising
- Minor bleeding from the injection site
Rarely, more serious side effects or complications can occur. These include:
- Skin injury or tissue damage
- Injection into a blood vessel potentially causing blindness
- Allergic reactions with some types of fillers such as collagen-containing fillers
- Formation of lumps or nodules under the skin
- Asymmetry or otherwise poor aesthetic outcome
- Filler migration away from the treatment area
HOW DERMAL FILLERS WORK?
Dermal fillers are intended to enhance a person’s facial aesthetics by reducing the appearance of unwanted wrinkles (“filling in”), boosting volume, plumping thin lips, and rejuvenating the skin.
You will receive a topical anesthetic to numb the area. (Some dermal fillers may include an anesthetic.) Injections typically take just a few minutes per site for wrinkles. If you have scars and deep lines you may require multiple injections in order to achieve your desired outcome (i.e., nasolabial folds, marionette lines). To help you remain comfortable, a local anesthetic may be offered if a deeper injection is needed.
You may qualify as an ideal candidate if you have gained noticeable wrinkles and fine lines, or are unhappy with the lack of, or loss of, volume in certain areas of the skin. Some of the most common areas that can be treated by soft tissue fillers are:
- Nasolabial folds (lines extending from the sides of the nose down to the mouth)
- Marionette lines (extending downwards from the corners of the mouth to the chin)
- Smile lines
- Skin depressions such as acne scars
- Sagging, sunken, or hollow cheeks
- Thin lips and lip lines
JUVÉDERM®, Restylane and Perlane are composed of hyaluronic acid, a natural substance found in the body. They are indicated for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds (i.e., nasolabial folds). Each brand has different versions, which are intended to optimally treat specific skin density and problem areas. JUVÉDERM®, Restylane®, and Perlane® can also be used to enhance lips.
DURATION OF RESULTS
Certain fillers are longer-lasting than others, but all in all, dermal fillers are temporary solutions. Therefore, in order to maintain your new, youthful facial appearance with fewer wrinkles and lip lines repeat treatment sessions will be needed.
Combination with thread lifting and Botox are highly recommended for perfect result depend on the individual problem.
It is best to consult our dermatologist for proper management @ www.drorawan.com